One of the most important goals of this site is to ensure that your visit to auditionconnection.com is an economical use of your time. To that end, we make it easy for you to have access to our most castable Performing Members. Therefore, you can search the entire database or you can choose to search only our Selected Members (those at the top level of talent, skill and/or experience) based on evaluation by industry professionals.
Registered Casting Members will be able to search our database by selecting from a list of criteria and view our Performing Members' profiles (resumes, reviews, bios, headshots, production stills, audio files and video audition songs).
You can search by such items as musical theatre performers, non-musical theatre performers, opera performers, stand-up comics or all of the above; age range, vocal range, gender, level of performance experience, even hair and eye color, disabled performers, those who play instruments, have dance and/or stage combat experience. Here is an example of the search page:
Agents and Casting Directors will be able to search for actors who are unrepresented to stay on top of the newer talent breaking their way into the business.
You can have an unlimited list of projects on your "My Favorites" page and save as many performers as you like to each list. You can also save notes for each individual performer.
NEW FEATURE: You can also foward that list to any colleagues on your production team (i.e. a director, artistic director, producer, etc.) and they can make their own notes on each performer.
For instance, if you are a casting director and have a list of 30 actors who are right for a certain project, you can have your director view just those profiles and make a very informed decision about which of those actors they'd like to see in a casting session. Imagine how much time and money that could save you, your clients and the actors.
You can also email actors to get more information or set up an appointment. Our internal email system keeps all contact information private. We will NEVER give your contact information out to ANYONE. Nor can they get it from our site.
Resume, Video and Audio Keyword searches are also possible so you can find all those who have, for example, played Hamlet, or those that have sung a song by a certain composer or lyricist, or aria from a specific opera.
NEW FEATURE: We also have the "University Connection" whereby Universities can list all their senior performers who have participated in showcases. You simply click on a University's name and graduation year and you can view the profiles of all students who participated in that showcase.
- Even though no contact information is ever given out, our Performing Members are interested in knowing who our Casting Members are. This is especially useful in matching local performers to regional theatres. We will add you/your organization to our “List Of Casting Members” unless otherwise notified. There is an option on the registration page for this.
- As we are a new site, we find ourselves in a bit of a catch-22 with the site being more useful to you with a large database of performers and the site being more useful to performers with theatres/people like you listed as members. We will notify you as our database reaches 500, 600, 700, etc. Performing Members. We are certain that having your theatre/organization on our site will attract actors in your area.
In order to be granted a Casting Membership at least one of the following criteria must be met:
- Agents must be listed in the Ross Reports
- Casting Directors must be listed in the Ross Reports or be members of the Casting Society of America (CSA)
- Directors and Choreographers must be members of SSDC or be on staff with an Equity theatre.
- Producers must be members of the League of American Theatres & Producers
- Authors must be members of the Dramatists Guild or have had a play or musical produced at an established theatre.
- Theatres/Artistic Directors must have an agreement with Actors' Equity Association or prove that they have significant production experience.
- Certain exceptions can be made if individuals and organizations can prove by resume and recommendations that they are established in their field.
- We reserve the right to deny or cancel membership for any reason.
- In order to protect against unauthorized individuals having access to our Performing Members, auditionconnection.com may require that Casting Members change their password periodically. We will remind you when necessary and we have a very easy process built in to facilitate the change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- auditionconnection.com reserves the right to require a password change or cancel anyone's membership if we find out someone has given their User ID and password to unauthorized individuals.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY (for free!)
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping connect you with those seeking to be cast by you!